Housing in Alicante: Preferred Destination for International Buyers

HOME’S NEVER BEEN SO CLOSE

Following the Footsteps of International Buyers

The real estate market in Alicante has witnessed a growing presence of foreign buyers, with an impressive 43.76% of transactions in the third quarter of 2023. This phenomenon, which significantly surpasses the national average, reflects the unique appeal that housing in Alicante holds for international investors.

Who are these foreign buyers, and what motivates them to choose Alicante as their investment destination? Belgians and Dutch lead the way, representing 20% of real estate transactions in the city of Alicante. They are closely followed by Swiss, Germans, Scandinavians, and Ukrainians. In popular destinations like Benidorm, Brits, Germans, and Poles also have a notable presence.

 

The Renaissance of New Construction: A Perspective from Architecture

The construction sector in Alicante has experienced significant resurgence, with levels of activity in new construction not seen since the real estate bubble. Behind this renaissance are factors such as foreign demand and a revitalization of housing supply.

An important factor to consider is the changing profile of housing buyers in Alicante. Real estate agency Engel & Völkers notes that while in 2022, 58% of their clients were domestic, in 2023, this percentage dropped to 46%, with the remaining 54% being international buyers.

Luxury Locations

Alicante offers a wide range of housing options, from luxurious residences in Cabo Huertas to more affordable options in San Juan Pueblo and Santa Pola. We analyze prices in different areas and their implications for domestic and international buyers.

What does the future hold for the real estate market in Alicante? With continuous growth and increasing international interest, the province presents itself as a promising destination for those looking to invest in real estate in the Spanish Mediterranean.

You might also be interested in…

Relationship with the Environment | Design Lines

The innovative vision of current architects invites us to adopt a holistic perspective in the design and layout of our homes. This vision seeks a harmonious integration between the house and its environment, representing a break with traditional standards and...

read more

Open Spaces | Design Lines

The innovative vision of current architects invites us to embrace significant changes in the design and layout of our homes. These changes represent a break from traditional residential construction standards, constantly adapting to contemporary lifestyles. In a world...

read more

Energy Efficiency

Some of the key places to reduce energy consumption are in households and offices. 80% of the global energy consumed corresponds to these sectors. Now, achieving a space with energy efficiency does not imply having to risk the comfort and welcoming atmosphere of homes...

read more

Office Design Fostering Creativity and Well-being

HOME'S NEVER BEEN SO CLOSEWe explore the importance of office design aimed at fostering creativity and employee well-being. We'll discover how an inspiring work environment can increase productivity, improve job satisfaction, and strengthen corporate culture. 001 |...

read more

Different Ways to Monetize Your Real Estate Investment

If you're looking to make the most out of your properties and earn attractive income, you've come to the right place. Let's talk about the different ways to monetize a real estate investment. 001 | Long-Term RentalOne of the most common ways to monetize a real estate...

read more

Is it a Good Time to Buy Property in Spain in 2024?

To determine if it's a good time to buy a property in Spain, we'll look at some essential indicators. 00 1 | StabilityIf you're considering real estate investment, prioritizing stability is crucial. This factor promotes property ownership, rental demand, and...

read more

Silent Luxury | 5 Essential Keys

In the contemporary world, where noise and excess compete for our attention, arises a concept that transcends ostentation and embraces the very essence of refinement: "Silent Luxury." In the realm of architecture, this concept manifests as a narrative of subtle...

read more

Disclaimer: The information provided in this blog is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this information. It is recommended to seek professional advice for specific needs.

Start chat.
1
Hello, how can we help you?
We guarantee the responsible use of your contact information and compliance with privacy laws. Please refer to our privacy policy for more details.